The privacy of your data — and it is your data, not ours! — is a big deal to us. In this policy, we lay out: what data we collect and why; how your data is handled; and your rights to your data. We promise we never sell your data: never have, never will.
This policy applies to all products built and maintained by Zhook.
What we collect and why?
Our guiding principle is to collect only what we need. Here’s what that means in practice:
Identity & access
When you sign up for Zhook, we typically ask for identifying information such as your name, email address and/or any social media information (if signing up that way). That’s so we can identify you across multiple integrations when trying to import and export data to/from Zhook. We sometimes also give you the option to add a profile picture that displays in our products, but we do not normally look at or access that picture. We’ll never sell your personal info to third parties.
When you pay for Zhook, we ask for your credit card and billing address (via Stripe). That’s so we can charge you for service, calculate taxes due, and send you invoices. Your credit card is passed directly to our payment processor and doesn’t ever go through our servers. We store only a reference to the records in Stripe (our payment processor).
When you browse our marketing pages or applications, your browser automatically shares certain information such as which operating system and browser version you are using. Via our analytics providers, we track that information, along with the pages you are visiting, page load timing, and which website referred you for statistical purposes like conversion rates and to test new designs/features. We sometimes track specific link clicks to help inform some design decisions. These web analytics data are tied to your IP address and user account if applicable and you are signed into our Services. Other web analytics we utilize are described further in the Cookies and Do Not Track section.
Cookies and Do Not Track
We may use persistent first-party cookies to store certain preferences, make it easier for you to use our applications, and support some in-house analytics.
A cookie is a piece of text stored by your browser. It may help remember login information and site preferences. It might also collect information such as your browser type, operating system, web pages visited, duration of visit, content viewed, and other click-stream data. You can adjust cookie retention settings in your own browser. To learn more about cookies, including how to view which cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
At this time, our sites and applications do not respond to Do Not Track beacons sent by browser plugins.
When you write Zhook with a question or to ask for help, we keep that correspondence, including the email address, so that we have a history of past correspondences to reference if you reach out in the future.
We also store any information you volunteer like surveys. Sometimes when we do customer interviews, we may ask for your permission to record the conversation for future reference or use. We only do so if you give your express consent.
Information we do not collect
We don’t collect any characteristics of protected classifications including age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or physical and mental abilities or disabilities. You may provide these data voluntarily, such as if you include a pronoun preference in your email signature when writing into our Support team.
We also do not collect any biometric data. You are given the option to add a picture to your user profile, which could be a real picture of you or a picture of something else that represents you best. We do not extract any information from profile pictures: they are for your use alone.
When we access or share your information
- Provide, operate, and maintain our Website/Services.
- Improve, personalize, and expand our Website/Services.
- Understand, measure and analyze how you use our Website/Services.
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer Service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the Website/Services, and for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, abuse, security risks and technical issues that could harm Micro.company Website/Services and our Users.
Your data is not disclosed to any third party except
- for providing the Services you requested and for which Micro.company t collaborates with third parties,
- when we have your permission,
- when it is required by a competent authority in the exercise of its duties (for example in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities), or
- as otherwise required by law.
CCPA Privacy Rights
- Request that a business that collects a Client’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about Clients.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the Client that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a Client’s personal data, not sell the Client’s personal data.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this Service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity. If you think that your child (under the age of 13) has provided Personal Identifiable Information, on our Website or on other Services, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.